Want to apply for a volunteer opportunity? scroll down the page to FORMS
young volunteers - please read the notes below about what to include in your covering email or letter
Volunteering We are keen to increase the involvement and diversity of volunteers supporting our work, and the opportunities that we offer to support our vital work.
We hope you can help us. Whatever your skills and experience, your involvement is most welcome. We can provide support and training to help you carry out your role and make sure your contribution is rewarding for you and the young people or vulnerable adults you work with.
We always check the identity [of volunteers as well as staff & trustees]. We will ask you to complete our full application forms and fully disclose [confidentially to our Chief Executive or HR Manager] any criminal record you have or if you have ever been banned from working with children, young people or vulnerable adults. We always take up confidential written references and where appropiate will ask you to apply for a DBS Disclosure [previously called Enhanced CRB check] but we use a secure on-line system to save you filling in lots of forms or posting any documents.
- - If you have any concern about this please call or email HR@WestKentYMCA.org.uk to discuss.
We hope you will consider volunteering with us - and in doing so - we hope we can help you.
Volunteering can be extremely rewarding, worthwhile and interesting. People volunteer for many reasons - to gain experience, qualifications, improve their CV, to give back to society or to meet and help other people on their life journey. We are looking for volunteers in a number of roles across all our projects. These are just some of the skills and experience needed - but we welcome your own ideas for a volunteer role or internship.
- sales staff, furniture restorers, electrical repair and test, ebay sales coordinator / ebay sales or despatch assistant, drivers, valuers, fashion assistant, removals/collection/delivery, cleaners, assistant shop managers, social media/bloggers,
Marketing for Horizon Project services and products, warehouses, other projects
- Carpentry, joinery, plumbing, metalwork, painting and decorating to assist Vocational Tutors
- IT, Literacy and Numeracy to assist our Functional Skills Tutors
Arts and crafts
Photographic, video, editing, production tutoring or for our own PR / website / YouTube channel / facebook pages
Gardening/horticultural - for work in our gardens and allotment
Sport & Fitness trainers
Cookery and healthy eating champions
Fundraising - researching grant making trusts / corporate sponsors, event management, supporter newsletters,
Administration / reception / PA [could be a formal internship for the right person]
Property / Facility Management
Resource management [premises, vehicles]
Media / PR
IT support, website / social media maintenance / blogger
Business start-up skills and self-employment mentoring
To find out more or suggest a new role to suit your skills and interests please call Head Office on 01892 542209 or email HR@westkentymca.org.uk or email us your CV and outline availability and interests / suggested role(s) - or use one of our FORMS below
TO APPLY FOR A VOLUNTARY ROLE PLEASE USE ONE OF THESE FORMS -
WAREHOUSE VOLUNTEER FORM | VOLUNTEER FORM [NON WAREHOUSE ROLES]
When completed please email to HR@WestKentYMCA.org.uk or fax to 08712 390 677 or post to West Kent YMCA Head Office - HR, c/o Ryder House, 1-23 Belgrave Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 2BP
YOUNG VOLUNTEERS We welcome applications for DofE Award voluntary service and/or work experience, BUT to apply please complete one of the above forms AND send us a covering letter or email that lists:
1. your age and date of birth
2. parent / guardian / key worker name and full contact details
3. confirmation that they support your application
4. if at school / college or a course such as horizon / princes trust etc provide full details
5. full name and contact details of a staff member - teacher / tutor
6. any convictions / cautions / warnings [for any matter - this may not prevent a role with us but must be declared in strict confidence to CEO or HR Manager]
7. what you hope to gain from working as a West Kent YMCA Volunteer
[NB 1-6 are to help us meet all our safegaurding, insurance, legal and duty of care responsibilities to you, clients and customers in our project, other staff & volunteers, the public, our funders]