Responsible to the Project coordinator, working with them to fulfil the project’s objectives.
We are currently looking for a part time bike technician / workshop support to work in our
Bike Project in Tonbridge. We are looking for someone with a keen interest in cycle
maintenance, preferably with some experience, but we are willing to train the right person.
This role could lead to Cytech Bike Technician formal training for the right candidate. The
role is flexible and will include the following:
- Fulfil tasks set out by Project Coordinator.
- Develop your bike refurbishment skills.
- Attend and contribute to meetings.
- Support with training of students attending the project.
- Update social media platforms and create images for social media posts.
- Deal with customers politely and efficiently face to face and over the phone.
- Ensure daily house proud standards are maintained (daily cleaning of work benches,
floor and storage areas. All tools and materials checked and returned to cupboards
- Contribute to H & S requirements of project– being proactive to prevent accidents
and incidents for staff, volunteers, interns and customers. This includes all
housekeeping and cleaning of offices, toilets and kitchen areas.
- Champion all West Kent YMCA projects [currently Ryder House, Horizon Project,
Youth clubs] to customers, donors, staff, volunteers and trainees
- Commit to two days each week at the project.
- Be a team player and be willing to get involved with the whole project.
- Eager to learn and work with various departments in the project.
- Attend required induction and company training.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Punctual and responsible.
- Supportive of the Christian ethos of the YMCA movement; including empowerment,
inclusion, equality and diversity
- Understanding of safeguarding or willingness to train.
- Post subject to DBS Enhanced Disclosure and references
for more information about this exciting opportunity and to have an informal chat and look around the project (optional), please contact Amanda by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07889 707823.