An exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, inspiring and capable person to join our small, talented team at YMCA West Kent. In this vital role, you will help deliver the aims and outcomes of this project.
Purpose of post:
- Support a 16 year-old boy with Special Educational Needs (SEN).
- Work with colleagues to respond specifically to the needs of this student both in the carpentry workshop and with their personal and social development enabling their inclusion in all activities.
- Work with SEN student to understand his needs and respond appropriately.
- Help to ensure their work and portfolios comply with City & Guilds standards.
- Oversee their work experience activities if appropriate.
- Act as a positive role model.
- Provide reports as necessary to the Project Manager.
- Carry out any other tasks, commensurate with the purposes of the post, on the direction of the Project Manager, or Head of Operations.
- Opportunities for professional training and development in the fields of SEND
- We provide staff and learners with a holistic and inclusive learning environment
- Learning support experience of working with young people who have challenging behaviour
- Knowledge and experience of working with young people who have learning needs and/or traumatic backgrounds, or be willing to learn
- Reliable with a flexible and patient attitude
- Driver and access to own car
- To be a Christian or supportive of the Christian ethos of West Kent YMCA
- Knowledge of issues affecting young people e.g. substance misuse, family breakdown, homelessness, mental health, learning or physical disabilities, school exclusion
- Health & Safety knowledge
- Experience of working in a caring supporting environment with young people
- Experience of vocational training - construction/carpentry
- Experience of youth work, social work, support work, teaching or similar in a paid or voluntary role
- Minibus driver
- Awareness of Safeguarding processes and procedures
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and written references.
To apply for this role please send a up to date CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org any questions please call 01892 542209.