An exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, inspiring and capable person to join our small, talented team at YMCA West Kent. In this vital role, you will help deliver the aims and outcomes of this project, in a holistic and inclusive environment for staff and students.
Purpose of post:
- Support students, aged 16 to 19 years with Special Educational Needs (SEN).
- Deliver a comprehensive PSD curriculum (Personal & Social Development)
- Work with colleagues to respond specifically to the needs of these students with their personal and social development, enabling their inclusion in all activities.
- Work with SEN students to understand their needs and respond appropriately.
- Plan and deliver the PSD curriculum using ASDAN resources as well as a range of other engaging materials
- Ensure students’ work and portfolios comply with ASDAN standards.
- Plan and deliver one-to-one support interventions in line with each individual student’s Provision Plan and implement SMART Targets accordingly
- Support students’ work experience activities and objectives
- Liaise with the Project Manager to ensure students are well-informed regarding Careers information and arrange transition support
- Support the Lead Tutor and / or provide Learning Support Cover in the workshop as and when required
- Support students with activities linked to other YMCA West Kent Projects, such as the Bike Project
- Act as a positive role model.
- Provide reports as necessary to the Project Manager.
- Carry out any other tasks, commensurate with the purposes of the post, on the direction of the Project Manager, or Head of Operations.
- Engage with opportunities for Continuous Professional Development in the field of PSHE, SEND and Safeguarding
- Learning support or mentoring experience of working with young people
- Knowledge and experience of working with young people who have learning needs and/or traumatic backgrounds, or be willing to learn
- Reliable with a flexible and patient attitude
- To be a Christian or supportive of the Christian ethos of YMCA West Kent
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Knowledge of issues affecting young people e.g. substance misuse, family breakdown, homelessness, mental health, learning or physical disabilities, school exclusion
- A good working knowledge of Health & Safety requirements and Safeguarding protocols
- Knowledge of the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme
- Experience of working in a caring supporting environment with young people
- Experience of vocational training - construction/carpentry
- Experience of youth work, social work, support work, teaching or similar in a paid or voluntary role
- Driver and access to own car
- Minibus driver or willing to learn
Post subject to an enhanced Disclosure and written references.
To apply for this role please send a up to date CV and Cover letter to email@example.com any questions please call 01732 363990