How it works
We provide training at our workshop in Tonbridge with our team of friendly instructors who will mentor, supervise and support all students to build their own bike plus repair other bikes to sell in our stores.
We believe in giving young people the chance to improve their physical and mental health and our bike project gives an excellent opportunity for young people to learn vital skills with the added benefit of having their own bike at the end of the programme.
Benefits of attending the Bike Project
- A structured programme to commit to, with an end goal in sight: to build your own bike to ride away at the end of the course
- Learn how to build and repair a bike and gain knowledge and confidence
- Access to our friendly instructors' experience and knowledge - they'll mentor, guide, train and supervise throughout the course
- Access to all tools and materials required
- Advice on safety and how to complete future repairs and maintenance away from the project
- Improved health and wellbeing and self confidence in knowing you've built your own bike and learnt skills along the way
Get in Touch
To find out more about our Bike Project and how it can help you or a young person that you know, please contact one of the team on 01732 361108 or 07889 707823 or email bikes@WestKentYMCA.org.uk
Address: YMCA West Kent - Bike Project, Tower House, Vale Rise, Tonbridge, TN9 1TB
Open: Monday to Saturday (10.00am until 4.00pm)