A Traineeship is a great way to start a career.
It helps young people gain experience needed by employers, and develop the skills and confidence needed to progress into further education, employment or an apprenticeship.
Customer service, interpersonal and functional skills are key to any career. They also support trainees develop their employability skills and enable them to get on their next career step and succeed, as soon as they are ready.
If you know a young person age 16+ that might benefit from a traineeship with YMCA West Kent, please email the team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a bespoke blend of work experience, vocational training and functional skills, to meet the needs of each learner and overcome any barriers to learning.
Traineeships run over 3-6 months in our friendly furniture stores, and comprise:
- Certificate for Customer Service Skills
- Functional Skills as required
- First Aid at Work – qualification and training
- Substantial work experience including retail, customer service, marketing, PR, social media and donor relations, business admin, care work and many more
- Opportunities to gain work experience with a local business to meet your needs
- Intensive 1-1 support to prepare for work, college or apprenticeship
- Ongoing support to secure suitable and successful progression
- Training in upcycling / decorating furniture / craft projects / bike project
- Access to our youth work, youth counselling service and Duke of Edinburgh Awards